If you are experiencing issues with Radiant Manager not starting and continuously bouncing in the dock on your MacOS, there are several steps you can take to resolve this problem. Please follow the instructions below:
Disable your macOS firewall or add Radiant Manager and Radiant Photo to its exceptions.
Check the instructions here.
If your router has a firewall, temporarily disable it as well.
Disable antivirus software or create an exception.
If you have any antivirus software installed on your Mac, it may be interfering with Radiant Manager. Try disabling the antivirus software temporarily or create an exception for Radiant Manager and Radiant Photo.
- Reboot your router. If your router has a firewall, temporarily disable it as well.
Try an alternative Internet connection:
Sometimes, network settings can block outgoing connections and prevent applications from running correctly. If possible, try connecting to a different Internet network or configure your mobile phone as a hotspot and connect your Mac to it. This can help identify if the issue is related to your current network settings.
- Instructions for iOS;
- Instructions for Android.
- If you're running a proxy, please disable it or ensure it's correctly configured. You may need to contact your IT department or network administrator for assistance.
Here's how you can check whether you're running a proxy and disable it:
Instructions for macOS
Check app permissions: It's essential to ensure that Radiant Manager has the necessary permissions to function correctly. Follow these steps to give the app Full Disk Access:
- In the top bar, click the Apple menu > System Settings > Privacy & Security > Full Disk Access.
- Click the + (plus) icon at the bottom of the window.
- Navigate to the Applications folder > Radiant Imaging Labs > select Radiant Manager.
- You may want to repeat these steps for Radiant Photo and Radiant LR too.
If the issue persists even after following the above steps, you can try the following solution:
Uninstall Radiant Manager and Radiant Photo:
- Download the Uninstall Utility for macOS.
- Double-click the download to unzip it. Control-click the utility icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu. Click Open.
- Check the boxes next to Radiant Manager, Radiant Photo, and User Data, and click Uninstall. The process will start automatically after this. Give it ~ 20 seconds to remove everything.
Create a new user account with administrative rights. Learn how to do it here.
Log in to this account and install Radiant Manager and Radiant Photo:
- Download the latest versions of Radiant Manager from the official Radiant Imaging Labs website: https://radiantimaginglabs.com/download-radman/
- During the installation process, make sure all your host applications (e.g., Photoshop) are closed.
- Install the software following the provided on-screen instructions.
Need your license? Check this article out.
If Radiant Manager starts and functions properly in the new user account, it indicates that the issue may be related to your old account. You can try repairing your old account or merging it into the new one.